Fill in a Measurement Chart
Tools you’ll need
- Measuring tape – Soft fabric or plastic, not old and stretched (free ones can be inaccurate)
- Undergarments should be the same as you would wear for the final garment. A fitness bra swim costume is not suitable because they do not have good bust support.
- If possible some pins and chalk to draw
- Some thing to tie around your waist or a belt.
Tips before you measure
The process will take you 20 minutes. Please wear the undergarments that you would wear for your event.
Stand naturally in a good dance posture with chest lifted. Keep the measuring tape smooth, level and comfortable, not tight.
Tilting is very common in the shoulders. but if it is exaggerated it can affect the fit and so its worth mentioning.
If you have a pronounced/exaggerated tilt in the hips then please go ahead and mention it to in an email. Then Measure both sides of body. If you would like me to adjust the garment for tilt, It may add an extra charge.
Please measure in inches OR you can use this link to convert to inches
*** VIDEOS ***
Following are some 3 minute general videos that have extra measuring tips.
- How to Measure Upper Body
- How to Measure Arms, Shoulders
- How to Measure Legs for Pants
- How-to Bust, Waist, Hips
- How to Find Your Waistline
- Measuring for Dress Details
Please download this Measurement Chart to fill in your measurements. Below is a list of measurements with corresponding diagram / photos to guide you.
*1st slide show
1. Upper bust (UNDER ARMS)
2. Full bust (wearing correct bra)
3. Under bust
4. Bra cup size (A,B, C, D, etc)
5. Bra cup size inches PLUS closets next bra size choice. **Choose carefully- a smaller bra is more adaptable than ONE THAT IS too big*
6. Centre shoulder to waist- over bust
7. Centre shoulder to bust point
8. Width between bust points (nipples) usually 7 or 8
9*. Center back neck (at bone) down to waist
10. Back shoulder to waist
*2nd Slide show
NECK | SHOULDER
11. All around arms /body aprox 4″ down from neck. (Approx 43″).
** important if you have an open shoulder
12. Shoulder total length – shoulder end/Point to point
– taken behind lower neck
13*. Shoulder length – neck to shoulder usually 4 1/2
14. Around mid neck – for choker/roll collars
15*. Around head
ARMS | ARMHOLES
16*. Arm length/over arm to elbow
17. Arm length/over arm to wrist
18*. Upper arm – at triceps
20. Waist to armpit (muscle) **see video FOR HELP
21*. From a garment” side seam – waist up to under-arm ”
**see video FOR HELP
22. Armhole depth – shoulder point down to level of the underarm **see video FOR HELP
23*. Around armpit
* 3rd Slide show
WAIST | HIPS
26. Full hips (natural)
27. High hip – Hips at hip bone – about 3 down from waist
28. Abdomen- front half of hip only **see video FOR HELP
29*. Low hip – at upper thigh. (when pear shaped)
30. Natural HIP LEVEL POSITION – vertically Waist down to fullest part of hip (usually 8 to 9 inches)
LEGS / CROTCH
31. Torso -complete torso… begin front -neck/shoulder go down under crotch back up to finish back neck/shoulder at start point
**important for pantie/body lining positioning
32. Crotch – begin front waist under crotch to finish at back waist**important for pantie positioning
33. Waist to knee- outside leg
34. Outside leg – Waist to floor (without shoes)
35. Inseam to floor
36*. Rise – sitting down (see website video)
37*. Around thigh (for pants)widest part
38*. Calf of leg widest part
39. Total height – top head to floor without shoes **important
EXTRAS – your dress details
40. Length of Latin dress from shoulder to hem to — longest point. OR the longest you’d like the skirt (measure from waist down)
41. Length of ballroom dress from shoulder to hem (longest point).OR the longest you’d like the skirt (measure from waist down)
42. NECKLINE – PLUNGE. max how deep you’d like the front neck (recommend to measure a garment) MEASURE Vertically (not diagonally). From center shoulder to the ‘level’ of the neckline.
43. SLITS – the highest you’d like your slit (measure from waist down)
44. Maximum stop point side slits down from waist (Make sure you can bend over ok.)
EMAIL ME PHOTOS…. A full body photograph in body hugging clothes . As a good quick ref for your body proportion/type – text to my email is best
If sending me your body stocking/ slimmer…please try on and mark with safety pins the following…. 1 -‘Waist all round, 2 -bust point plus, 3 measure from bottom of wire of bra cup to waist
1st Slide show-BUST | FRONT | BACK